Friday, April 2, 2010

Here I Am Lord...

This Sunday I am about to embark on my 4th mission trip to serve those who were affected by Hurricane Katrina. As you recall 2005 greeting the Atlantic Coast with devastating hits, floods, and sadly deaths. The affects of Katrina were long-lasting and devastating to the community of New Orleans.


As I close out the final preparations for the trip, I recall a story found in Isaiahh where God appeared to him. God was looking for a volunteer to DO a tough job! Isaiah raised his hand and said, "Here I Am." Isaiah wasn't the only individual whom God equipped for a unique mission. As Paul tells us, each person in the church is called to LOVE and serve others. It is my prayer, that this next week will be filled with many opportunities, for a path to be open, and for God's love to shine in the lives our our homeowners, team members, and community members. My tool belt and my work shoes are packed as I WALK down this mission journey of sharing, showing, and being an imitator of God's love.


Living a 3368 life puts me on journeys where, at times I may question my presences and purpose. In saying that with all honesty, today I have found that my presences for this trip may not be affected by the group but more importantly whom God may places on my path. What does the Lord require of me...to do justice, love mercifully, and walk humbly with my God.


C~

No comments:

Post a Comment